The ARToolKit video tracking libraries calculate the real camera position and orientation relative to physical markers in real time. This enables the easy development of a wide range of Augmented Reality applications. Some of the features of ARToolKit include:
- Single camera position/orientation tracking.
- Tracking code that uses simple black squares.
- The ability to use any square marker patterns.
- Easy camera calibration code.
- Fast enough for real time AR applications.
- SGI IRIX, Linux, MacOS and Windows OS distributions.
- Distributed with complete source code.